Saturday, May 1, 2010

Independence Day


No, I know it is not July 4th yet but for Emrie Ann it has certainly been Independence Day. A day full of "I can do everythin' I want, all by myself!" For starters pouring her own juice, in her own cup, that she picked out herself, and spilling it on the floor, and then throwing a rip roaring fit when I tightened the lid on her sippy cup! Then washing her hands(yes, I know this is great hygiene), but there is no "a little dab will do you" in using the hand soap, so hand soap everywhere and again another rip roaring fit! Next comes potty time for a stuffed frog friend named Froggy- he is in the washer spinning 'round right now and my bathroom floor had to be cleaned again today. It is an hour away from bedtime and I bet there will be at least one more instance of "I can do everythin' I want, all by myself!"

So is this a phase I hope to pass soon? I have mixed thoughts but a little bit of "I can do everythin' I want, all by myself!" is not so bad! Now when she is a teenager this topic will be revisited!!

I praise God for the rain today!

No comments:

Post a Comment