Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Night Thursday!


Emrie Ann enjoying her first ear of corn!
Henry Mikey is what Emrie is now calling her baby brother, pretty cute! I just love to watch the two of them interact with each other. Emrie loves to hold Henrys hand and rub his soft skin. Henry giggles with delight when watching Emrie in all her busy-ness running and jumping from here to there.

Our typical bedtime routine was a no-go tonight. Emrie was overtired, so she had to be pinned to the floor to get her teeth brushed, screaming all the while. Then put into bed with no stories. Daddy handled her wonderfully, mommy sometimes gets overwhelmed and frustrated by one more dramatic ordeal to end the day. She then sat quietly in the dark looking at her books and drifted off to sleep in no time at all. I love her for all her vim and vigor, she is uniquely Emrie Ann, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Now Henry Michael is off to bed as well, belly full, swaddled and white noise on. He has been off and on out of sorts today, all due to teething I presume. There are four teeth showing and two more just below the surface now. He will have a full toothy grin any day now, and hopefully back to his normal easy-going self. We were up 3 times last night, so I am crossing my fingers that we can beat or match that!

I praise God that is bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love corn on the cob! Welcome to a wonderful world of deliciousness Emrie Ann! I can't imagine brushing someone's teeth while they're screaming, kudos to you guys for making that happen.

    ReplyDelete