Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Thoughts


Yesterday Henry had his one year check-up he weighed 20lbs 1 ounce. He received four shots a few tears shed but the crying lasted maybe 30 seconds, what a good little trooper! Emrie got her flu vaccination as well and was not thrilled with that at all, she didn't want the lousy "I got a shot!" sticker the nurse offered her afterwards(typical Emrie!) Cousin Jeremiah was along for the trip and was thankful he didn't have to get poked by any of those needles. We lunched at BK where Jeremiah and Emrie enjoyed climbing through the gym. Meanwhile Henry ate like a horse, he had 2 chicken nuggets, a cup of mac & cheese, and lots of french fries he is shaping up to be like daddy-eat, eat, eat, and still maintain a trim body(NOT fair!) We went to the party supply store to get some things for Henrys 1st B-day party and I foolishly allowed Henry to have my car keys and when we were about to exit the store...NO KEYS! So Jeremiah retraced our steps, then I retraced our steps and I dug every last thing out of my purse(which was ridiculously packed to the max) twice. Finally we went to the counter and someone had turned them in, Hallelujah! Sherwin Williams for paint, DQ for shakes, finally home bound, with two sleepy ones in the back and Jeremiah at my side to keep me awake.
Last night I took the children to the Fall Jubilee, Greg stayed home to grade tests. This is where I am going to be transparent with some trepidation, blogging-it-out will serve me better and can be a reminder to me. I could with no mistake feel that the sermon was preached for me. Bob Burney preached from Psalm 73, Asaph. I learned something that I have always known, but with a great ah-hah moment. Some choose the Bitterness Bypass, which was the route that I was choosing prior to yesterday at 8pm. Bitterness? Really? I am not bursting at the seams with bitterness but to be perfectly honest I was harbouring bitterness towards my best friend. You see my best friend holds 2 jobs, which he takes very seriously and those jobs can occupy most of his time. I respect him and I am so thankful for the way he provides and how faithful he is to those two parts of his life. As of late though, I have had a inkling of grumblings that go something like this; he never has time for me, he never has time for the kids, when do I get some of your attention or when do the kids get daddy's full attention, sure would be nice to get some help around here, I spend 24-7 with the children, I am exhausted. Most certainly a great deal of nit-picking and nagging, shame on me. Then I discovered that I actually want to travel the Brokenness Highway. Sounds a little crazy right? When I am broken I fully recognize My flaws and My shortcomings and then...Praise God I know "But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do." Psalm 73:28
That brings it back into focus for me. Mental Note: Stop Whining Heather! Psalm 73:24 "You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny."
So to my best friend, my husband, to a daddy who loves his children so much, I am sorry for the grouch you live with and I hope to grow into a ever loving, supportive, always gentle, kind spirited wife, that you deserve. Greg, I love you!

Praise God Psalm 73:24 "You will keep on guiding me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny."

No comments:

Post a Comment