Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday

A good Sunday all in all, but my blogger name is not quite fitting for this evening. Lest I lead you to believe I am always Happy Heather Housewife, tonight is a fine example that I am not. No major catastrophes leading to my foul mood but just lots of little pet peeves that have inched their way under my skin.
First of which was Emrie on the 15 minute drive home from Mama and Papa's screamed and cried and kicked and whined that she wanted to listen to Barney. The simple solution was for her to ask in a polite manner, but nope the whole way she screamed. Straight to time-out on her bed when we finally made it home.
2nd a much needed trip to the grocery store-that in and of itself seemed to irritate me.
3rd telling Emrie to get her shoes on so she could go with me, she didn't obey on which shoes I instructed her to wear and then dawdled by packing a purse full of useless items she thought she was going to take with us.
4th Henry does not like to be separated from Mommy and while I am flattered he thinks so highly of me, it makes grocery shopping extra challenging when he decides that riding in the seat of the cart is no longer fun and wiggles himself loose from the seat belt and nearly falls out. That is quite a big fall for a little guy, apparently he likes to be a risk taker.
5th Emrie riding in the front of the huge and very awkward Kiddy Car Cart whilst in the check out lane she grabs just about every candy and candy bar in the isle and is quick to try to open them, so while I am trying to place items on the belt and keep Henry from making an escape from his seat, I am also policing Emrie so she does not open, touch or inadvertently steal any candy from Kroger.
6th The loading an unloading groceries and the loading and unloading of kids. Putting all the stuff away, and me being hungry and Emrie wanting juice, Henry wanting milk and Oh yeah now Emrie is hungry too. So I sit down for a leftover microwaved hamburger(which was rather tasty) Now Henry wants to be down and Emrie wants to go outside....SOOOO outside we go.
Being outside seemed to help relieve the grumpies on my part, but still a list of things to accomplish before bed hangs over my head, a list that is something like this:
Locate all sippy cups
Load dishwasher
Fold laundry
Put away laundry
Start dishwasher
Towels in dryer need to come out
Fold towels
Put towels away
Iron Greg's work clothes
Sweep the downstairs floor so Henry and Lydia don't pick up anything tomorrow
Henry needs a bath(dirty kid!)
Emrie needs to put toys away(supervise!)
Jammies for Henry
Bottle for Henry
Now Henry is stinky
Clean diaper for Henry
Emrie Brush teeth
Emrie go potty
Stories
Prayers
Kisses
Good Nights
Emrie wants a drink(stall tactic!)
Emrie has to go potty(Again!)

And the grand finale
PEACE!

So after I accomplish my long list, I reflect and wonder did a bear the fruit of the spirit during my evening tonight?? Galatians 5:22
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control
I probably missed the mark in a few of those areas, so for tomorrow I'll pray to be more fruitful!

Praise God for the dark of night and the lullaby of the crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment