Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dedication Sunday


This weekend has been a awesome glimpse of beautiful fall weather! Friday night Uncle Aaron and Aunt Ea joined us for a yummy dinner made on the grill and then some oh so delicious Oreo dessert. Aunt Ea and Emrie had a mini-marching band in the back yard, Ea on the flute which happened to be a small shovel and Emrie on the drums which was a upside down sand bucket. They marched all over that back yard and loved every minute of it!
Saturday Mommy took the kids shopping a favorite past-time for Emrie and Mommy, Henry tagged along without too much complaint. While shopping Emrie had to go potty so off to the restroom we rushed, Emrie who was trying to wash her hands while Mommy changed Henry encountered a Stranger. We have recently been talking about Strangers and how they could take Emrie from Mommy and may even try to hurt Emrie and how terrible that would be. Little girls and boys should always stay close to their Mommies and Daddies. So when this little old lady tried to assist Emrie by lifting her up to reach the water to wash her hands, Emrie froze and gave her a not so friendly look. I was happy for the experience, my little Emrie was not comfortable with the situation at all and that meant to me that she has absorbed some of my words of caution.
We later in the day enjoyed a picnic of KFC with Mama Jane, Papa Emery, Uncle Jim, Aunt Beth and Jeremiah at Ash Caves. We hiked back the path to the cave, Emrie remembered there was a waterfall back there, but this time only a few drips trickling off the top and very little water pooled below but still enough to jump in! After spending some time back in the cave area the sound of rain surrounded us. The hike back to the car was a little wet but an enjoyable time non the less!
Today Greg and I dedicated Henry at church. It is a special service and a challenge for a Mom and Dad to raise their child in a Godly home, setting good examples. We also recognize the gift that God has granted us and that Henry is God's child and we are to cherish him(which of course we d0!) Henry got stage fright you might say, he didn't enjoy being held in front of a whole congregation of people. He protested as much as his little body could and was quite vocal about his objections. Precious memory! We had our family there to help with the occasion and even Daddy's good friend Greg. Mommy strongly held in the tears while Aunt Cheryl played the piano, a medley of Be Careful Little Eyes, Thy Word and Jesus Loves Me. It was touching and extra special because the rendition of Thy Word was also played during the candle lighting at Mommy and Daddy's wedding ceremony.

Thy Word
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

When I feel afraid,
And think I’ve lost my way.
Still, you’re there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

I will not forget
Your love for me and yet,
My heart forever is wandering.
Jesus by my guide,
And hold me to your side,
And I will love you to the end.

Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
And a light unto my path.
You’re the light unto my path.

Praise God for a beautiful Sunday and Thy Word to help in all the challenges of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment