Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Rocking my baby who is hot with a fever today. I wish I knew exactly what is causing this fever and hate that my little guy is not his usual active happy self:-(. I do cherish these moments even while wishing he felt better. To sit and rock for a couple hours staring at his growing body and in my opinion adorable facial features, is a wonderful perk of being mommy. Emrie and Daddy went to Uncle Jeff's for a family gathering and cook out. I am 100% positive Emrie is loving being outdoors with some of her most favorite people. I am extra glad I made her take a early afternoon nap so she could go with full energy and a pleasant demeanor. She was put to bed early today for screaming, and kicking, she did not wish to take a bath and I did not give her the option of bypassing it. Not 5 minutes after drying off, getting dressed and laying her in bed she was fast asleep. Emrie this is a message for you when you have children:
Be firm and patient. Remember that you also challenged your mothers authority often, just as I did.

Praise God for a long weekend, a painted house, terrific husband and my wonderful kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment