Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday, Day 4

Henry is 10 months old today! Look at him, he is growing WAY to FAST!
Emrie and Lilly enjoying Snack time!

How is it with 4 kids in the house? Not bad, it is 1:40 in the afternoon and each child is sound asleep! I could be snoozing right along with them and perhaps later this afternoon I will regret not doing just that, but for now laundry and blogging are my tasks of choice. What was so difficult about having one child to watch over? Now I am on day four with 4 kids from 7:45 -3:30, no big deal.
These are the words and phrases I have repeated over and over again.

Do not hit.
Be easy.
Be gentle.
Share.
Time out.
Say I am sorry.
Share.
No yelling.
Quiet the baby is sleeping.
Share.
Be easy.
Time out.
Share.

We have had lots and lots of little battles. Emrie Ann has had many, Many time outs. She gets so angry when Lilly wants to play with HER things. Lilly will say "Headher, Emmie won' share." or "Headher, Emmie is bossing." or "Headher, Emmie hit me." Boy, Lilly must think I am a terrible Mommy to raise such an awful little girl. That's okay, yesterday Lilly said "I'll beat you up Emmie." These 2 girls will have to learn to tolerate each other, I know it will be good for them(will it be good for me?)
I have 3 cups the same cups just different colors Green, Pink, and Blue. One cup for Emrie, Lilly, and Henry. It never fails that whatever cup I hand to the girls they want the other. "I want Blue!" "I want Pink!" "I want Green!" Simple I say, "We don't always get what we want." A life lesson they'll have to learn eventually, why not now?
Aside form the many little battles there are some super sweet moments. The girls playing dress up and telling each other how beautiful they look. They prance around like little princesses, or march around with a baton in hand. They sit in the Dora house and all I can make out is giggles.
Henry and Lydia, they just roll with it!

Praise God for today!




No comments:

Post a Comment