Sunday, August 1, 2010

Prime Time

Emrie Ann enjoying Asher's Thomas the Train Birthday cake, Yum!
The Birthday Boy!

We are in Prime Time, which is going a lot faster than the scraping did! I hope to see some of the new color on the house in the next day or two. Painting with 2 little ones is no easy task, I do what I can when they are napping and when I take Emrie out to play while I work, she tries her hardest to keep my full attention on her. "Mommy look at this!" "Mommy a bug!" "Mommy, I'm hungry!" "Mommy, I'm thirsty!" "Mommy I have to peeeee!" "Mommy, I am hot!" So...Daddy and Papa Mike have been doing the majority of the work.

Saturday was Asher's birthday party. Emrie had lots of fun playing with Asher and another boy Michael. We took out the bouncer and once the rain passed the kids were able to be outside and bounce and bounce. Emrie was exhausted when we left and you would have thought she would have willing went right to bed when we got home......NOPE! Oh, she pulled out all the stops. She of course did the usual I need this and I need that, a tissue, some books, "I am not sleepy" "I want mommy!" "I want daddy!" on and on. When none of that worked she decided to pee in her bed-not an accident because she took of her pants and panties and went potty right on her bed. Grrrrr! When daddy discovered this, he asked her why she would do such a thing, her reply "to get mommy to come". Oh it worked, mommy came and delivered a spanking to her little bottom. Then mommy striped the bed and remade the bed and not long after she finally drifted to dreamland.

Sunday Mrs. Dodie took Emrie's Sunday School class out to the new church playground and Emrie not wanting to miss a moment of fun went under the slide and went potty. I understand 100% that she doesn't want to miss a second of playground time, what 2 going on 3 year old would? Henry enjoyed himself in the nursery Aunt Beth had duty and said he was a very busy boy. Emrie and Henry spent the afternoon at Mama and Papa's with Aunt Beth Uncle Jim and Jeremiah while mommy, daddy and Papa Mike worked on priming the house. Mama napped with Emrie and Aunt Beth napped with Henry.

Monday we went to say goodbye to the Ogles. Emrie and Asher got one last chance to play together for the summer. They are so very cute together, I love how they can pick up and play like they are best friends who get together often. Mrs. Judy had a big pile of dirt that the enjoyed playing in and once again Emrie didn't want to miss out and went potty outside.
Henry and Anna we had to watch ever so closely, they both were detirmed to eat some tasty dirt or some yummy sand.

Tuesday We finally have some of our Keystone Grey paint on our house! I was able to paint for about an hour and made some progress but not nearly enough. We spent the evening with Grandma Linda and Aunt Ea shopping. Emrie Ann enjoys shopping so much especially with Grandma Linda because she got her some Dora light-up sandals and dressy sandals, which Emrie wears proudly.

Wednesday Lilly and Lydia spent the day with us. It was a trail run for the upcoming school year. I will be busy and Greg thinks I am in over my head. Nah, I will survive! Emrie and Lilly play well together only a couple mishaps over sharing. They are opposites in many ways so I think that works in their favor when playing together. Henry seemed a bit upset when mommy held baby Lydia, but then he would go off and find something to play with. He is still a easy going guy and I love his laid back personality.

Thursday, where is the week going? I am finally going to get this post up today. I feel like I am spinning in many different directions not really accomplishing much of anything. The rain has stalled Greg from painting on the house today, so that stinks. To be honest I am starting to get a little frustrated at the appearance of our house. I know it takes time but I feel like it is not going as quickly as I had hoped it would since all the scraping is finished. I am really wanting to walk out my front door and see that it is beautiful, clean, fresh and DONE! I know it will get done, Greg and Papa Mike have been working lots of hours together on the house. They both are pretty particular about how things are done so I know that in the long run that will make this house look 100% better!

Praise God for his protection from unknown dangers.


No comments:

Post a Comment