Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas baking.

I have not been faithful to this blog, it is not like lots of things haven't been going on. You can bet your bottom dollar that the kids have been doing super cute and ornery things, but man Mommy is tired.

Henry is making the transition from 2 naps down to one, which has been hit and miss on successful-ness. Today...not so great, lots of grouchy grumbling from him and a guaranteed early bedtime.

Emrie helped make chocolate pixie cookies today, she dumped a whole cup of sugar on the floor when she missed the mixing bowl. Then we made muddy buddies or puppy chow or "dog food" as Emrie calls it. Then finished our kitchen fun with home made chex mix.

Yesterday Emrie and I made a trip to Wal-mart while standing in the long line to check out I told Emrie how sick mommy felt. With concern she said "you need to go to the doctor" I explained that I didn't need to go to the doctor, it is just that mommy's baby makes mommy feel sick and tired. Her reply "Just spit Her out."

Emrie is off to the boys basketball game this evening with Beth, Jim and Jeremiah and I am cleaning and working on laundry that never seems to get completely finished. Henry is actually content for the moment in the pack 'n play and I may be able to get lots accomplished before the night ends!

Praise God for a day of baking with my kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment