Monday, November 29, 2010

It's been awhile.

Henry @ 13 months
Aunt Ea and Emrie Ann

It seems as though I have nearly fallin' of the blogging band wagon, huh? No I haven't, I have thought many times that I should sit down for a brief update on this or that, and that is the end of that.

Highlights

HENRY IS WALKING!! He walks like a pro! Thanksgiving day he decided that he was going to take off and now I rarely see him on his knees! Good job buddy! Sis thinks it is pretty awesome to walk holding hands and even play Ring Around the Roses together.

Emrie gave herself her first hair cut. Last Sunday morning I had the scissors upstairs in the bathroom to cut tags off of some new clothes...in a hurry, leaving for church, left them out. (Scissors are always locked away under the kitchen sink) We come home later that evening and I think nothing of Emrie going upstairs to go potty until she is quieter than normal and been missing for a few minutes longer than a typical potty break. I dash up the stairs with a gut feeling that I am about to see something terrible, I open the bathroom door and she smiles. Just a tiny bit of hair on the floor, no big deal. The next morning while combing her hair lots of clumps begin to fall out and that's when I notice the little spike section of her hair that she has chopped.....Oh no! It really isn't the worst at home hair cut I have seen a little one do, but depending on how I style her hair it is sometimes quite noticeable. It is growing fast and now a week later her spike is almost laying down!

Henry is a fan of the blues. Daddy has a new favorite blues artist he likes to listen to and Henry likes it to. The best is when Henry stands and sways his little body back and forth to the bluesy rhythm. He has defiantly got Papa Mikes musical sway!

Thanksgiving was yummy! Mom prepared a feast and I enjoyed every single bite!

Praise God for a time of Thanksgiving with my wonderful family, and ample delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment