Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Milestones



Betch'a thought from the title of this blog Henry has started walking...Nope, not yet. He is holding out on us, I know he can do it!! No I was making reference to the fact that Emrie now colors mostly in the lines now. She has never been crazy about sitting down and paying attention to detail, but within the past week or so she has taken a liking to controlled coloring. Yay! I was beginning to worry that all her artwork would be abstract. Don't get me wrong, I cherish each and every work of art she creates, now she has a great sense of pride in the work she is accomplishing. While she diligently colored in her room today she summonsed me numerous times to see this or that which she had just colored. Bravo Emrie!
I have also been meaning to write down that Emrie is still a lover of belly skin or any skin that is extra soft. It does not matter to her in the least where we are or what we are doing if she feels the need for skin-she seeks it out. Pushing a grocery cart with her along my side, yeah she lifts the bottom of my shirt just enough to give my belly a rub...poor passerbyers. She can be in the midst of playing or watching a show and SNAP she needs skin. I can see it in her eyes, it is so funny and a little weird too! Almost every child has a "comfy" item of sorts and each child thank goodness grows out of it. If that were not so Aunt Ea would still be carrying around rubber night crawlers rubbing them on her face. That's right I said Rubber Night Crawlers! Yep that is weird too, huh? Aunt Ea turned out great, so I bet Emrie will too!
Also, today Henry showed me how much he loves to kick the soccer ball. I was holding his hands as he walked around the house and when he found the ball he kicked and chased after it just to kick it once again. Hmmm, maybe daddy will be playing him on the field next year, that is if he is walking by then!

Praise God for a night at the salon, and daddy who took care of the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment