Monday, August 29, 2011

Emrie Turns 4!





Emrie Turns 4!

A fun day at the zoo with Mama Jane, Papa Emery and Jeremiah for Emries 4th b-day! The weather was perfect and the kids really enjoyed all the animals.
Emrie wore her birthday outfit that she picked out at Target very Punky Brewster-ish & very cute!
Emrie rode on the carousel and really loved that. She brushed a goats hair but was not interested in petting a very large bug or lizard.
She was most impressed with the polar bear and elephant.
I don't know what Henry liked the best but he did want to offer his animal crackers to the elephant.
Greta was most content to be in her sling while we walked around and slept most of the time there.
We had a yummy late lunch at MCL (one of my favorite childhood restaurants.)
Then we went to visit Great Grandma Morgan. She got to meet Greta for the first time and was happy to hold her. As we were preparing to leave and I took Greta from her arms she said she envied me. She loves to hold and rock babies, she has had lots of practice over the years with 8 children of her own and many grand and great grand children. I wish I could take the children there everyday to visit her, I know she finds such Joy in them.
Daddy wasn't able to go with us but when we got home he had balloons and presents for Emrie. She got Disney Princess roller skates, Dora tennis racket, a Caboodle with a hair brush and hair clips and 2 dresses.

Emrie had her 4 year check up she weighed 36lbs and was 41 inches tall. She made a picture for Dr. Gibson when she gave it to her she said "This is for all the people who work here in this hospital." Emrie didn't have to get shots at this appt which I was glad for. Next year will be her kindergarten boosters.

I took all 3 children to the dr and shopping all by myself, it takes a little forethought on loading and unloading from the van to insure that each child is not out of my sight EVER and ALWAYS holding onto my hand. I find myself checking and double checking that I have all 3 right with me, I often get a feeling of panic that I somehow have misplaced one or lost one. This absolutely terrible feeling that I am pretty sure causes my heart to skip a beat. Anyway, I would consider our day a complete success!

Praise God for our sweet Emrie Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment