Wednesday, August 10, 2011

21 days!

They love their baby sister!
Sisters!
3 Weeks

Greta is 3 weeks old today, it seems as though she has always been part of our family & like I've known her for so much longer.

She has been a very laid back little girl, I often wonder if it is because I am more laid back. Emrie was high maintenance and demanding from day one or did I miss all the cues that a baby gives being a first time parent? Henry was laid back as well but needed his swaddling and white noise from the very beginning and until his little blankies couldn't wrap around his growing body. I felt more at ease with him, not a beginner anymore. With Greta though I feel more confident even through all my constant worries. Mostly experience has taught me those little things I worried overly about before are not likely & now they are more fleeting, it has to have an effect on the child. That all being said I still do not consider myself an expert in this field :-)

Henry seems like he has grown up so quickly since Gretas arrival. He can do and say so much. I think I have failed to mention that he has developed a love for chocolate milk(thank you mama Jane!). He is completely hooked and he is now frequently in the fridge getting the chocolate syrup to make his favorite drink! Oh well if I had his metabolism I'd drink it all day too:-)
He has been expressing his love for everyone all the time here recently. Lots of I love you's!

Greta has been sleeping so well, she is usually ready to be swaddled around 9 and gets her belly full and by 10 we are in bed. She is sleeping in bed with us, Greg far off to one side- me to the other, she occupies the center. I set my alarm for 2:30 am but she is usually beginning to stir a little before then and we move downstairs to the recliner for the remainder of the night.
During the day she is eating about every 2 hours sometimes a little longer if she happens to fall into a deep sleep.

She went to Wednesday night church for the first time this week. She got to meet Great Grandpa & Grandma Howdyshell and Aunt Karen and Jeffy for the first time there.

Thursday night we watched Daddy win the tennis tournament he played in!

Friday we had pizza at Nornie and Poppys and had a nice visit with Julie, Tim and Taylor.

On our way home Greta began to fuss and Emrie said "She needs her Fire Paci.". I think she meant pacifier, he he. A fire Paci sounds a bit dangerous!

Praise God for the hot/beautiful weather and for a perfect 21 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment