Monday, April 25, 2011

Good bye April.




I am bidding farewell to April it started on a high and is ending on a low and that is fine but Good Bye Now!
I have battled a cold for nearly 3 weeks, grrrrrr! A mild cold for the first 2 weeks and for a whole week now it has progressively grown worse...although today may be the turning point I have been hoping for! I had a check up with Dr. Santino last Thursday and she instructed me to take Benedryl and Tylenol and I haven't missed a dose since! On top of my misery of a stuffy head, sinus pressure and throbbing the kids have each had a fever and battled the sniffles, snotty noses and coughs. I am pretty sure Daddy is next.
Anyway we still managed to have a fun Easter. We had pre-Easter festivities with Grandma Linda, Aaron, Ea and Uncle Bryan Friday evening. Henry had his fever that evening and was more into lounging in Grandma's arms than much of anything else.
Saturday we went to Mama Janes and Papa Emerys for dinner, bunny cake making, and coloring eggs. Henry was beginning to feel better and Emrie was beginning to feel worse and I was still stuffy headed and miserable. Emrie was eager to set out the carrots and milk for the Easter Bunny before heading to bed.
Sunday morning the kids were happy to see that the Easter Bunny had paid us a visit leaving lots of fun stuff and yummy snacks.
I took the kids and went to Mama and Papas while Greg went to church. Emrie wanted to wear her Easter dress from Grandma Linda despite not going to church, so she and Henry put on their clothes and I was able to take a few outdoor pictures between all the rain clouds. We got a couple good ones!
We also had Aunt Beth take a family Easter photo of the four of us and I will probably not publish that picture...for my face looks swollen and the baby weight is not flattering on me one bit!!
Our Easter egg hunt was able to be outdoors when the rain and clouds cleared out. Emrie and Henry found lots of brightly colored eggs filled with treats. Emrie thought the Easter Bunny had been very sneaky coming out and hiding all those eggs. Henry carried his basket just like a big boy and was happy to fill it all the way up.
Our visit to visit Papa Mike, Nornie and Poppy was postponed since Emrie was feverish all afternoon, but when we are all feeling better I think the Easter Bunny visited there too!

While it is easy to get wrapped in to all the candy and Easter Bunny fun I tried to deliver the message of Jesus in and along the way in preparing for Easter by using this which I found on Focus on the Family.

A Easter lesson for our toddlers!

Real Easter bunnies:

~are white as snow because Jesus takes all sin away (Isaiah 1:18b).

~are gentle, kind-hearted and forgiving (Ephesians 4:32).

~have big ears that are quick to listen (James 1:19).

~have big eyes to look carefully and choose what is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

~have no voice for complaining or arguing (Philippians 2:13).

~are quiet in prayer, but hop with thanksgiving and rejoicing (Philippians 4:4-6).

~have BIG feet to go tell others about Jesus so they can be like Easter bunnies, too (Matthew 28: 19-20).

~eat what is healthy by filling up on God's word every day (Psalm 119:11).

Happy Easter!!


Praise God for his son Jesus, for Easter and for family!




No comments:

Post a Comment