Monday, August 15, 2011

Almost Gone

Emrie Ann in her "school girl" outfit.
Henry Michael he is in a "whats that?" phase, he looks like he is inquiring about something.

Our last week before Back to School:-(. I dread losing my extra help but I am so thankful that Greg enjoys his work and has a job that has summers off. I am also very thankful that he has taken this soccer season off, i would be terribly lonely on those long days with out him around.
This week had a rough start for me. Sunday afternoon I knew something wasn't perfect with me and by Sunday evening after playing outside and taking a walk I knew exactly what my problem was, mastitis. A few hours later my chills and body aches became more uncomfortable. I went to urgent care and got a prescription for an antibiotic, orders to rest, and to continue with pain relievers. I know rest is important and I did rest but I am not programmed to sit around and do nothing. My mind just goes full force at what I want to do or what should be done and makes me feel worse for not being able to do it. I like the busy hustle of 3 kids, I like to speed clean, I like to fix lunch and dinner for my family. Of course I like breaks from all of that but not when it comes at the cost of being sick. Anyway Greg took good care of the kids and me and Aunt Beth made dinner for us. By early morning Tuesday my chills turned into sweats and relief came shortly after my fever finally broke. I was feeling much better by Tuesday evening. Greg fixed dinner which I found very funny b/c it was a meal my dad would fix when my mom wasn't able, Beanie Weenies & a frozen pizza! It tasted good! Scary how similar Greg and Dad are!
Wednesday i was feeling back to normal we walked with Tanna and Micah, in perfect low 80's weather.
I took the kids out to the backyard and they played in the playhouse for a long time,I let them hose it out and use a bucket of soapy water to clean their house,boy they had fun! Once again I wished for an outside shower for the kids to clean up before going indoors!

Henry requested for breakfast one morning sausage raisins pretzels and M&m's. Breakfast of champions! I did give him the sausage and raisins. He has been toting around a purse all week long he must find it very convenient to load it up and carry his toys in the bag.

Emrie is getting very anxious for her birthday. Crazy to think she will be four next week. Aunt Beth took her birthday shopping(outfit pictured above)Thank you Aunt Beth she had lots of fun! My girl is quite the shopper, I am beginning to worry about the future and how we will pay for our shopaholic:-)

Praise God for Gregs job and the summer that we can spend so much time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment